In order not to damage the relationship of trust between Digital Agency Corporation (“DAC”) and the customer, we strive to protect the deposited personal information of the customer appropriately by establishing the following policy.
Acquisition of Personal Information
DAC will acquire the customer’s personal information by lawful and fair means that comply with laws and regulations.
Handling of Personal Information
DAC shall comply with laws and other regulations related to handling of personal information in order to handle personal information properly.
DAC will clarify the regulations related to the handling of personal information and thoroughly inform employees. DAC will also request proper handling to outsourcing parties handling personal information.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
In order to provide the customer with more high-quality services and publications, DAC may request the customer personal information such as name, e-mail address, occupation, work place, job title, date of birth, sex, address, telephone number, etc. The personal information provided by the customer will be used solely for the following purposes. If there is a necessity to use any personal information provided by the customer beyond the scope of the following purposes, we will notify the customer and make necessary procedures;
- To provide our information distribution service to the customer who has registered for DAC’s service.
- To deal with customer’s inquiries or requests.
- To provide and/or suggest information on the products and services provided by DAC by means such as direct marketing and telemarketing etc.
- To introduce magazines, books, seminars, and events, etc. and conduct questionnaire surveys etc.
- To provide information to advertisers of the ad placed on DAC’s media or the seller of the product introduced on DAC’s media according to the “Use of Personal Information and Disclosure / Provision to Third Parties” shown below.
- To analyze the use of services by the customer, develop new services and improve existing services.
- To personalize content and advertisements based on attributes such as occupation, type of business, age, title, etc. or browsing history on DAC’s media.
Management and Protection of Personal Information
In order to provide reasonable safety measures against risks such as unauthorized access to personal information, leakage, loss, damage, etc. of personal information, DAC will consistently devote any management resources that is in accordance with the actual situation of the business and continually upgrade and/or improve the security system of personal information. Also, in the event of an accident such as leakage of personal information, DAC will take action quickly and correspondingly.
Use of Personal Information and Disclosure / Provision to Third Parties
- Based on the provisions of laws and regulations.
- In the case of providing to advertisers etc. based on customer’s request for information, inquiries, etc.
In the following cases, DAC will provide personal information to the advertiser for which the customer requested documents or the seller of the product that the customer has viewed the details. The personal information provided in this way will be managed by those advertisers or sellers. For details of the handling of personal information in this case, please contact the advertiser or seller accordingly;
- When the customer has requested documents or inquired about the advertisement appeared in DAC’s media.
- When the customer viewed details of the advertisement/advertiser on DAC’s media.
- When the customer viewed details of products appeared in DAC’s media.
The range of the personal information provided to the advertiser, which is included in “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” column above, is the name, e-mail address, occupation, work place, position, address and telephone number. Means and methods for providing to advertisers are through the system which DAC controls, electronic media such as CD-ROM and analog media such as paper. If you wish to suspend the offer to the advertiser, please follow the procedure described in the column “Inquiries, Corrections, Deletions of Information and Suspension of Information Provision to Third Parties” below.
Shared Use of Personal Information
DAC may share personal information of the customer within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use with companies separately designated as group companies such as companies and affiliates in parent-subsidiary relationship with DAC. The scope and the purpose of use of personal information to be shared are the same as described in the “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” article above. In addition, the person responsible for administration in the shared use shall be DAC. For specific inquiries, please contact here.
Inquiries, Corrections, Deletions of Information and Suspension of Information Provision to Third Parties
The customer can contact DAC regarding disclosure of personal information about him/herself (notification/disclosure of purpose of use, correction/addition/deletion of contents of personal information, suspension or elimination of use of personal information, and suspension of information provision to third parties such as advertisers) at DAC’s contact specified below. In such cases, DAC will respond within a reasonable period upon identity confirmation of the customer. Please also contact us regarding complaints and consultations concerning DAC’s handling of personal information at the contact information below. In addition, in the case where the customer has stopped or eliminated the use of personal information, or conducted the procedure to suspend the provision of advertisers etc. to a third party, the customer may not be able to use all or part of the services provided by DAC.
Outsourcing of Information Processing
When consigning handling of personal information, DAC assigns outsourcers who are compliant with DAC’s expected protection level of personal information, and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of outsourcing partners so that safety management can be planned.
Digital Agency Corporation
7F N&E BLD.
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0061 Japan